The Basics of Feng Shui
The very important basic of Feng Shui is to understand the elements. The elements include wood, fire, earth, gold and water.
1. Fire grows earth because if you burn something, it will burn to become earth. Nevertheless, fire resists gold as fire will melt metal
2. Earth grows gold as earth has metal inside it. All metal is considered as gold in the term of feng shui. But, earth resists water as stone/earth resists the smooth flow of water
3. Water will grow plant because plant needs water in order to grow. However, water resists fire as water put out fire
4. Wood grows fire because we use wood to light up fire. But, wood resists earth as the root of plant grows into the earth and break it.
5. Gold grows water as gold will become liquid after heating. But, gold resists wood as we use metal axe to chop down a tree.
Does my house have good feng shui ?This is a frequently asked question and to answer it, a feng shui master / consultant has to personally visit the site before he is able to provide any precise conclusion or advice. However, we can do some simple DIY to check and to enhance it
1. Hang a picture of food/fruits in the dining room. Applying the same concept, alternatively hang a mirror facing the dining table to double the food of your family.
Many of us like to put some decorative items at house or office without knowing whether the items are suitable for us or not. The table below illustrates the auspicious and inauspicious items for you. For instance, if you are born in the year of snake, ‘Hello Kitty’ which is a cat is not suitable for you. This is because tiger is a big cat. If you do not wish to throw it away, then at least put it aside as it will not make any good to your luck. Instead, make yourself close to decorative items of Roaster and Ox. If you have soft toys of roaster and ox, ‘sleep’ with them.
What are the decorative items that suitable you or vice-versa ?
|Where should i sit ?
1.Never sit with a door or a window behind your back. You will get stabbed and played out soon.
2.If you sit with your back behind a window, do make sure that the window is facing a building that can act as a firm support. Other than that, you can hang a picture of a mountain at the back of your sit.
3.If you are a boss, North west is your area. Put a chinese character 乾 there to enhance your luck because 乾 is the master.
4.If you are a lady who help your husband in his business, South west is your area. Put chinese character 坤 there as 坤 is the lady master
BA QUA巽读为训. 代表长女和东南方. 命卦为2. 木.
离代表三女和南方. 命卦为3. 火.
坤代表母亲或女主人和西南方. 命卦为1. 土.
东方. 命卦为8. 木.
艮读为更. 代表小儿子和东北方. 命卦为6. 土.
坎代表二儿子和北方. 命卦为7. 水.
乾代表父亲或男主人和西北方. 命卦为9. 金.
兑读为对. 代表小女和西方. 命卦为4. 金
From here, we can see why in term of feng shui, our house has to be square and not missing any corner because for instance, if the east part of your house goes missing, your eldest son will go missing i.e. you have no eldest son.